This workshop is perfect for the new sewist who wants to try their hand at making their own clothes or the more experienced sewist who wants to stitch up something new! These PJs make the perfect holiday gift for the whole family.
You'll learn how to use a sewing pattern, cut your own pieces, sew the pieces together, install elastic, and hem the pant legs. That's a lot to cover in a few short hours so we're keeping our class size small!
"This is a very quick and easy beginner friendly pajama bottom. It is an elastic, pull on pant with no side seams. It has a loose and comfy fit for snuggling in at night. It is drafted for non-stretch woven fabrics like flannel or cottons. The pattern and construction are fast as lightening so you can whip up a wardrobe full for you and your family in no time." Patterns for Pirates
Experience Level: Confident Beginner & Up
Please make sure you're able to thread the sewing machine independently, load a bobbin, and sew a straight line. If you need to learn how to do that first, please check out our Intro. to the Sewing Machine class and start there.
- Kids' & Teens' Workshop: This section is for kiddos & teens only! (8-17)
- Family Workshop: This section is geared toward families who want to sew together! Please register for each sewist who will be creating a pair of PJs. If two people would like to work together on one pair of pants, please only register for one seat/machine.
- Adult Workshop: This section is for adults only!
We'll use the free Walk the Plank PJ Pant pattern from Patterns for Pirates and each student can choose their size, length (shorts, knee length, or pant length) and fabric substrate (cotton, flannel, etc.). You can choose to make them in your own size or make them for someone else!
Bring to Class:
- Printed pattern (Walk the Plank PJ Pant / Youth Unisex Pattern)
- Fabric (see pattern for fabric requirements) -- Prewash to avoid shrinking!
- Elastic (see pattern for requirements)
- Coordinating thread
(For our Adult XL sample, we paid $16 to print the pattern at Staples and $19 for 3 yards of flannel and elastic at Gaffney's)
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing tools (pins, scissors, marking pens, pattern weights)
Minimum enrollment is two students so grab a friend!
We're still wearing masks at the shop so please wear a well-fitting, high-quality mask. We appreciate your cooperation!