Our "Previously Loved" Collection
Our Previously Loved Collection is one of the ways we aim to make sewing and quilting more financially accessible to as many folks as possible. We know it can get expensive to get into fiber arts and we believe these art forms are for everyone.
The Previously Loved Collection is stocked with fabric and thread, books, zippers, etc. --anything you could need for sewing and quilting-- and our prices in this section are generally about half the price of new retail items.
What Can I Donate?
- Quilting cotton at least 1/4 yard x WOF, in good condition
- Precuts (jelly rolls, layer cakes, etc.)
- Thread, in good condition
- Quilt patterns (the more modern the better)
- Quilting rulers
- Sewing tools & notions
- Fleece, flannel, felt
Please make sure all donations are clean and free of odors. We will not accept anything that smells of pets or smoke to ensure the best experience for our students and customers.
SEE OUR CURRENT REQUESTS HERE
How Can I Donate?
- If your donation is items listed above, you may drop off your donation anytime during our regular shop hours or mail it to:
Cut & Sew PHL
7051 Germantown Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19119
- If you have something other than what's listed, please reach out via email to see if we can accept it (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A Note About Donations:
We do accept donations of fabric, thread, notions, etc. but we need to be clear about how they will be used. The donations we receive are used in a variety of ways to support the shop, our community, and our students. This includes using the fabric for classes and selling some in our Previously Loved collection. As much as we would love to do all of this for the community for free it’s just not sustainable business-wise. We have rent, utilities, staff, etc. to pay to keep building what we’re building here in Mt Airy and WE APPRECIATE your donations & contributions (in-kind and otherwise!).