Join instructor Amanda Kosobud to stitch up The Emerson Crossbody Bag pattern by The Blanket Statement! This pattern is versatile as a belt bag or a crossbody bag. The design of this bag is trendy and functional as it offers a surprisingly spacious interior with a handy slip pocket. In this class, you will learn some basic bag making skills, how to cut a pattern using paper templates, how to install zippers two different ways, and how to work with different types of bag hardware. By the end of this class, you will have a great bag to use for travel or everyday wear!
1. Please purchase the pattern (available here) and have your paper templates cut out and ready to go. (We will cut the fabric and interfacing during class.)
2. Please bring the following materials with you to class:
- Emerson Crossbody Bag pattern by The Blanket Statement (paper pattern, pdf pattern)
- Fabric Requirements listed on the back of the pattern. Please come to class with fabrics pressed.
- Pellon 987F fusible fleece is recommended instead of batting (available at Cut & Sew PHL here)
- One 8" #5 Close End Zipper for front panel
- One 12" #5 Close End Zipper for Main Panel
- One kit for strap hardware which you can purchase here
- 1.5 yds of 1” wide Cotton Webbing for the Strap (best price locally is at Gaffney's!)
- Coordinating Polyester Thread
If you're interested in a project kit where we source the materials for you please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that some of the materials differ from the materials on the back of the pattern due to the instructor's recommendation. For questions about the material list or pattern specifics, please reach out to Amanda at email@example.com
For questions regarding the studio, sign-up info, or enrollment please e-mail Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this workshop is sold out, email us at to get on the wait list! If we get enough people on the waitlist, it's possible we may add another section.
- This class is open to Teens & Adults
- Level: Confident Beginner
Must be able to independently thread machine, load bobbin, sew a straight line
- This workshop requires at least 2 students to run. In the event of low enrollment, your registration fee may be applied to a future workshop, or it may be refunded minus a small transaction fee.