If you've already taken our Introduction to the Sewing Machine Class you might be asking WHAT'S NEXT?! Well... this is it! In this Beginner level class, we'll work our way through sewing a tote bag from start to finish. You'll learn basic sewing techniques along the way (two ways to cut, how to construct your project, how to make and add a pocket, how to make straps, and how to finish your tote bag) and have the chance to customize your project to make it uniquely you!
We'll meet for six class hours. Homework is not required in this class. You can work on our studio machines or bring your own machine to work on.
Each student will bring their own materials on the first day of class:
- 1/2 yard of quilting cotton for exterior
- 1/2 yard of quilting cotton for lining
- 1/2 yard of quilting cotton for straps
- 1/2 yard of fusible fleece (Pellon 987f)
- a coordinating 400yd spool of All purpose thread
We carry 80+ Kona Cotton solids ($8/yd) and an assortment of secondhand fabric in our "Previously Loved" section ($4/yd), as well as Pellon 987f and lots of thread. We offer a 10% discount on class supplies purchased at Cut & Sew PHL. Use code CLASSMATS if you're shopping online, and we'll have your fabric ready for you on the first day!
- Adults 18+
- Level: Beginner!
When you sign up for this class, please make sure you are subscribed to our email marketing in order to receive your "CLASS INFO" email. If you don't receive this email after registering (give it a day or so), please contact us.
- We run this workshop at least once per month, more often when there's more demand.
- If this workshop is sold out, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the wait list!
- This workshop requires at least 2 students to run.
- Tiered pricing options available. Read more here.